What is better than a bowl of nourishing soup for a meal, after the excess over the Christmas break!
Today I made a Carrot and Ginger soup, which is packed with vitamins and nutrients, and the ginger gives it a bit of zing….
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 medium carrots
- thumb size piece of ginger
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 500ml of vegetable stock
- Chop your onion, garlic cloves, ginger, and carrots
- Heat oil and add onions allowing to colour for about 8 minutes, then add garlic, ginger, and carrots
- Allow the vegetables to sweat occasionally stir for approx 5 minutes
- Add your tomatoes and stock and bring to the boil, then simmer for 12 minutes
- Remove from heat and blend until it is the consistency you like (I prefer mine not totally smooth, as you can see), season and serve – I added some coriander sprinkles onto mine also (I keep in my freezer a selection of frozen herbs to add to soups and curries)